5 Acre Dream (minus the 5 acres!)



Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

Bad Day Stretched Into The Weekend (But Got Better)

Yikes! After my horrible day Thursday (see post below) my bad luck stretched into the weekend! (It did turn better though...)

Saturday morning, Daniel and I woke up to a cold house. Dan went out to check the propane tank, and we were out! So, we spent the whole weekend with no heat or gas to use the stove to cook! Errr! Our gas company is closed weekends, and other companies won't fill someone else's tank! Blah! Lucky Dan is off today, so hopefully they will come fill us up! :)

Saturday morning I was going to take my horse trailer to town, so Dad could help me fix a tail light that is out. So, I go out to start the truck to warm it up, and I have a flat tire on my trailer! (Two in one week!)

So, Dan and I take that tire to Wal-Mart in Republic, get a new one since it was so rough, then drive home, put it on the trailer, and I finally got into Springfield. Dad said it is not good to put on one new tire, with the rest being ancient, so I plan on taking it up to Wal-Mart to get three more new tires (Woo-Hoo!) But, Wal-mart won't work on a trailer! So Dad and I ended up putting my trailer on blocks and driving the three remaining tires to Wal-Mart.

Good news is I have four new tires on my horse trailer now! Yea! Thanks so much Dad! Thank God we did that, because one of my old tires was starting to separate and could have blown out on me at any minute! Yikes!

While the tires were getting replaced, Dad and I fixed my bad tail light (after Dad tested 20 different places, we found the problem... the wire had broke off at the plug.) So, we went to O'Reillys and put a new plug on my trailer, thus removing the use of an adaptor, which I think is a good thing.

Dad also helped me custom fit my trailer mat in the horse part of the trailer. We used his Saws-All (?) which worked quite well. (My trailer is a slant, so we had fun figuring out how to cut the correct angles!) :)

So, good can come from bad... Thanks so much Dad!! New tires on my trailer, all my lights now work, and Margo has fancy custom cut mats to stand on... :)

(I never thought I would get excited as I did about new tires!)

I'll post pictures soon! Thanks again Dad!

1 comment:

Busplunge said...

Yes, a knowledge of geometry and algebra does come in handy sometimes