5 Acre Dream (minus the 5 acres!)



Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Horse Shows...


Congratulations to Kelsey and Bo! Bo won his under saddle and over fences classes at a show this past weekend and ended up Champion for his division! Yeah!

I am getting excited about my own upcoming show with Margo, not this weekend, but next. This will be my first actual show with her. Last fall, we entered a competitive trail ride, and Margo did really well, completing 12 of 17 obstacles, with no practice at all. So I am hoping to do good with her next weekend.

We are planning to enter:

1) Showmanship - Where the horse is led in without a saddle, and the handler is judged on their ability to fit and present a horse for a halter class.

2) Walk-Trot Western Pleasure - Since I haven't been able to work on Margo's canter in the arena much, I decided to enter Walk-Trot only.

3) Horsemanship - Where horse and rider ride a pre-determined pattern, and are judged on how well they execute it.

I also plan on entering Margo in two races:

First is an egg and spoon race. Each competetor is given a spoon with an egg and has to balance it at ever increasing speeds.

The second race is called an Austrailan race, where you trot as fast as you can around poles.

I think it should be really fun! I am trying to set Margo up for success, by not overfacing her at her first show. Hopefully we will do well! :)

(BTW, this is a Western or stock horse show, not an English show, so all classes will be rode in a Western saddle.)

No comments: