5 Acre Dream (minus the 5 acres!)



Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Three Day Weekend!


Well, after Friday's crazy storms, I wasn't sure what I would find at my farm when I got home. Thankfully, everything was fine! A few potted plants got blown over, one shutter got blown off the house, and all the lawn chairs were all over. Wheew...

Then I went inside to do some stuff and realized we didn't have any power! Dang! Called the neighbor, their power was out too. She said there were poles down on the way into Ash Grove... Yikes!

Well, I had taken Monday off, planning to go to Branson and hit the outlet malls, so Daniel and I decided to just go ahead and go down there. No fun sitting in a house with no power all night!

Thankfully, Dad was just leaving the cabin in Rockaway, so I called him and asked him to leave the cable hooked up for us. :) We had a nice time there and spent Saturday in Branson shopping. Fun!

So, Sunday, I had plans to ride, but the weather kind of messed that up, so Monday I was dying to ride, but had no one to go with me... *sniff*

So, I told Dan I was going to take Margo to Wilson's Creek and try her out on the trail by herself... Which we have never done before... And Margo definitely prefers to follow over leading when we are out with other horses... So, I wore my helmet, put my cell phone in my pocket, and hit the trail!

Margo was SO good! She was so brave! Once she realized that it was just me and her, she stressed for a minute and whinnied a few times, but then kind of settled down. She acted really spooky about crossing the bridge, so I just got off and lead her over it. Other than that, there were maybe two other times she started blowing at something scary (tree stumps...) so, I would just get off and lead her by them. :)

I am SO proud of her! We even stopped and chatted with another lady on her horse going the opposite direction, and Margo went on her way afterwards without a fight! :) I'm such a proud Mom! :)

No comments: