5 Acre Dream (minus the 5 acres!)



Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

RIP Nick Owens, Continued...

One thing about people dying, a lot of old faces start coming out of the woodwork. I had three different people send me text messages about Nick yesterday, all of whom I am friends with, none of whom know each other (to my knowledge.) He had friends in many different circles and across the country.

I got to talk with an old friend this morning on the phone, someone who I always loved, but who had faded out of my life. Maybe death brings new beginnings in someways?

I said it about Killuh E, my other friend who died this past November, and I will say it again about Nick, "Death loves a shining mark."

SAD!

(I stole some pictures from his myspace page to post here.)

I have been getting a lot of hits from across the country on this post today. For those of you who don't know, the artist Nick Owens, from Springfield, MO, passed away Sunday morning, June 28th at home in his apartment in Kansas City, MO. At this time, no arrangements have been announced.

Nick's Flickr

1 comment:

Sara said...

If you click the NZA tag at the bottom of the post, it will link you to info about the upcoming art sale. Thx Sara