5 Acre Dream (minus the 5 acres!)



Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Paste Deworming Schedule for Missouri Horses

This schedule is recommended for the Missouri horses not on a continuous deworming program.( i.e. daily Strongid C 2X):

January-Ivermectin/praziquantel combination (Equimax)

March-Oxibendazole (Anthelcide)

May-Moxidectin (Quest) ( Use in horses only. We do not recommend using in miniature horses or ponies.)
-Ivermectin (Equell) for miniature horses and ponies

July-Double dose Pyrantel Pamoate (Strongid)

September-Ivermectin/Praziquantel combination (Equimax)

November-Double dose Fenbendazole (Panacur) This can be repeated for 4 more days if horse is showing signs of small strongyle infestation (poor coat, chronic colic, diarrhea, unthrifty)

**Remember to read the active ingredient. For example fenbendazole is the active ingredient in Panacur and Safeguard.

Kara- This is the worming program I have had Peter on... so if you gave him Ivermection when you first got him, he should be good to go.

I missed worming Margo in Jan, so I am going to dose her today with Equimax and then worm her again at the end of March...

1 comment:

kara said...

Thanks Sara I wish I could print this out!hmm I am kinda a retard on the computer! But give me a hoss you better watch out!