5 Acre Dream (minus the 5 acres!)



Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Sho-Me Horse Show, Aurora, MO

Well, even though they pushed the show back to 7 pm, it was HOT! I over did it, riding in both the English and Western divisions. Next time, I think I will focus on just the Western.

Here are some pics...
Here is Margo and I, lined up for judging during our Open Hunter Under Saddle class. We placed 6 out of 6. (They only pin 1st - 5th place...) Oh well, she was polite, so I am still proud of her! (The flys were biting like crazy!) I think she looks cute under English tack. I scratched the Open Low Working Hunter class (over fences) since she was so hot from the first class, plus we hadn't practiced at all. Our third english class was Open Hunt Seat English Equitation, where you ride a pattern, which I forgot to look at! So, thanks Daniel, who ran over and copied the pattern for me! :) We placed 3rd out of 4 in this class. The pattern asked for a right lead canter from a halt, to be rode as a bending line to the left... (eyes rolling) No one in the class was able to pull that off. :) My next class was Halter Stock Horse Mares. I forgot to tell them I had a tack change, so I missed my class! Opps! Margo was super sweaty anyway, so, oh well!
After that was Adult Walk-Trot 19 & Over. Here are some pictures from that class. Thankfully, the sun went down, so it was a little cooler!
Lined up for judging... I got 4th out of 4. Oh well, only Margo's 3rd show! :) I am proud of her. She was really well behaved! I scratched my last two classes, Novice Western Pleasure and Western Pleasure 19 to 39, since Margo seemed pretty tired. Poor thing! :)

So, it was 10:30 by the time we left the show. I started the truck and realized that I didn't have any lights on my horse trailer! Yikes! Scary, 40 miles from home, Saturday night, with no trailer lights!

So, off we went, up Hwy 39 to Mt. Vernon. Then for some reason, my electric window in the truck wouldn't roll up! So, I planned to stop at TA truck stop and try and get it up. Well, then my dash lights faded out, then my headlights started dimming! What?! I pulled into the truck stop and my truck died! ARGHGHH!!

I called Dad, who thankfully was able to come help. Long story short, I blew my alternater in the truck! Thank you God, that my Dad was able to get us patched up enough to get us home! We finally got home and unloaded at 1 am! Blah! Thanks, Dad, for rescuing us! :)

1 comment:

randi said...

a set of lovely friends you have got there