5 Acre Dream (minus the 5 acres!)



Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Too Cute... And More Neighbor Woes...

Link To bad this isn't my neighbor!
I had to lay down the law last night with one of the neighbor girls... Gah! She comes by as I am out riding Margo and begs for a ride, which I don't want to give, so I say "No," to which she says "Can I just sit on her for a minute and take a picture?" Err! Daniel said to just tell her that we can't take the risk of her getting hurt, which I do, and which makes sense to me, but not to a 12 yr old.

I feel bad, but good grief! I am not a boarding stable or lesson barn. What Dan says is right anyway, if I let her ride without her parent's permission and that girl got hurt on our property, we could basically lose everything, should her parents decide to sue us.

I tell this to the girl, but she doesn't understand. She says "Well, I will get my parent's permission." Errr! Don't bother, because I don't want you coming over in the first place! Sorry, but I have not worked my whole life to have a horse, a place to keep it, etc, just to entertain the neighborhood kids.

Seriously, I feel like I have to HIDE whenever these girls drive by on their 4 wheeler or Gator or whatever! I don't want to be mean, and I like the idea of neighbors, but freaking A! I don't want to hang out with 12 yr old girls! At all. Sorry. They aren't going to ride my horse. Sorry.

I think the one girl got the hint last night though. I'm sure she thought I am super mean, but damn! Hopefully I was mean enough that she won't keep stopping by. I know that is horrible, but what else am I supposed to do? She can take lessons somewhere or something. Blah!

No comments: