5 Acre Dream (minus the 5 acres!)



Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Silhouette of a Dark Horse

When I come out of my barn in the morning, after feeding my two, sometimes my neighbors horses are right there near the fence. In the weird half light of morning, the blue-gray light that comes before the sun rises, these horses present a dark silhouette.

So, this morning, I thought "silhouette of a dark horse" and then thought that would make a good title for a book... :)

Yesterday, my sweet husband drove his truck around my front paddock and picked up all the poop out there! Isn't that nice? You know someone loves you when they are willing to pick your paddock! (And they don't even like horses!)

2 comments:

Busplunge said...

sounds like it would make a nice picture.

Dark Horse is also a political turn.

Hey, how about a mystery novel involving politicians, interns and illicit sex that takes place in a horse barn?

Sara said...

Too bad I know nothing of political scandal... other than false reporting to the ethics committee... ha-ha