5 Acre Dream (minus the 5 acres!)



Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Diets, Blah!

Fatties!
Well, I started a diet, because I quit smoking and started eating all the time! I had to stop that or I was going to gain twenty pounds! :) Well, I have lost three pounds so far, and I cheated really bad last week! Ha! Oh well, at least I am not smoking! Two weeks today!

So, my farrier was out last night, to do Mags and Pete's feet. He said that they are both super freaking fat. He also said Margo has GAINED weight since the last time he was out. He claims that if I don't dry lot her ASAP, she is going to founder on me! GAH!

So, now her and Pete are going to have to live in the little pen (35'x50') between my barns (with the stall.) My farrier suggested they live in there 24/7, with one flake of hay in the am, and then turned out for one hour in the evening. He also strongly suggested that I lunge or ride Margo for at least 30 min everyday!
Why do I have to have such fatties?! Now I will have to start mucking the pen everyday too!

And, Daniel and I are going to HAVE to fix the fence around the pen. The section dividing the pen from the backyard is super loose barb wire. Dan said we can afford to do a board fence there, which is going to require the digging of 6 holes for posts, also the purchase of wood. (Anyone want to come out and help on Saturday?)

Poor me! :(
Why do they have to be SO fat??
I thought I was doing good to cut them down to just the 3/4 acre around the barn! I guess not. My farrier suggested I do this (keep them in pen, etc) until the next time he comes out (appx 6 wks) then he will help me decide where to go from there. Basically, Margo (and Pete) cannot be out on any grass until, probably, the end of summer... *sigh...

1 comment:

auxarc said...

Sounds like you have a great opportunity to increase your exercise as you exercise your horses there by helping both you and the horses in preventing weight gains. Remember to always try to find the good in situations. Mom