5 Acre Dream (minus the 5 acres!)



Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Good Things...

Well, Daniel and I had a really nice night last night. For his birthday, I splurged and bought a pound of gulf shrimp, which he b-b-q'd for us. Yum!

We got our little building all cleaned out last night too. It was full of trash from the old owners. (Yuck!) Man, it looks really BIG in there now! It will be my new feed room. (Yay!)

While we were out there working, we heard a big truck pull up. Is someone here? I looked out, and it was my Uncle Tom! Yay! He came over and brush hogged our back 3 acres last night. It looks SO good! It really didn't take him too long either, which, hopefully made the job not-so-bad for him. Thanks Uncle Tom!!!

So, since the back was nicely mowed now, I got Margo out and rode her bareback back there. I think I finally found my balance on her bareback! Yay! She was so good, the neighbor's gelding came galloping over to the fence and Margo stayed nice and calm. I rode back up to the house, then decided to take her on another loop around the back field. Well, she got a little annoyed at that (Pete kept whinnying for her) and so she gave me a bit of a buck, and I stuck on bareback! :D Yay! (She is sassy at times...)

Anyway, we had a really nice night. :)

No comments: